A cover block is basically a spacer that is used to lift the rebar matrix off the ground so that concrete may flow underneath the rebar.
SIZES AVAILABLE: 75mm, 50mm, 40mm, 30mm
Price on Request
Cover Blocks are used:
- To maintain a specified spacing between the rebar and the shuttering.
- To prevent the steel reinforcement bars from environmental effects to protect their corrosion.
- To furnish thermal insulation, which prevents the reinforcement bars from fire.
- To provide reinforcing bars sufficient embedding to enable them to be stressed without slipping.
Size of Cover Blocks for Structurul Members
Listed below is the size of cover blocks for different structural members which are normally used in construction.
- Size of Cover Blocks for Beam = Minimum 20 mm
- Size of Cover Blocks for Column = Minimum 40 mm
- Size of Cover Blocks for Footing = Minimum 50 mm
- Size of Cover Blocks for Shear Wall = Minimum 30 mm
- Size of Cover Blocks for Retaining Wall = Minimum 20 mm
- Size of Cover Blocks for Staircase = Minimum 15 mm